- Do not fall into the trap of avoiding hydrating the skin. The skin requires both exfoliating and hydration to clear blackheads, spots etc.
- There is a difference between hydration and oil. Oil base products will increase blockages. Whereas hydrating (which is a water like element, called hyaluronic acid) is essential to keep cells working efficiently.
- Look for products with hyaluronic for hydration and for exfoliation others such as salicylic, glycolic, mandelic and azelaic acid. These also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Other ingredients that are useful are stem cells, Vitamin B3 + B5+ Vitamin A (retinols)
- Over the counter products can help but using more specialist products. Getting advice and the higher % of ingredients in the professional products means you are more likely to see results.
Specific product recommendations
- Medik8 Surface Radiance Cleanse
- Dermaquest Essential Cleanser
- Dermaquest Glyco Gel Cleaner
- Dermaquest BHA Cleanser
- Dermaquest Dermaclear Cleanser
- Dermaquest Dermaclear
- Dermaclear Retinaldehyde
- Dermaquest Dermaclear Pads
- Dermaquest Dermaclear Mask
- Medik8 Pore refining Scrub
- Medik8 Blemish SOS
- Medik8 Blemish Control Pads
- Dermaquest B5 serum
- Dermaquest stem cell rebuilding complex
- Medik8 Balancing moisturiser and refining moisturiser
- Medik 8 hydrate B5
For information on our specialised acne treatments or any of our other skin and beauty treatments please get in touch